According to Robby Clark, Director of REEDMININGEVENTS, Australian companies are developing game changing solutions for those in the mining field by forming alliances that help to significantly reduce maintenance costs – even when it feels like there are simply no more costs to cut.
The largest mining exhibition in Australia this year: Asia-Pacific’s International Mining Exhibition (AIMEX) is set to showcase some of the newest innovations and cost-saving technologies to come to the mining industry from 1 – 4 September.
Clark said: “Many proudly Australian companies, such as Brisbane-based DINGO, have developed a reputation as being leading local and global innovators, often in partnership with local and overseas firms.”
DINGO CEO, Paul Higgins, said that DINGO has partnered with a significant number of mining companies to implement proactive, condition-based maintenance programmes that increase the percentage of healthy components to 90% or more.
“The strategic implementation of an Asset Health System is a largely untapped lever for increasing efficiency, reducing costs and improving performance in maintenance, and a solution when there are simply no costs left to cut,” he stated.
“Based on performance data spanning more than 100 mining operations across the US, Australia, Canada and Indonesia, DINGO has data showing that close to 50% of major components are operating in poor to critical condition. He continued. “A systematic approach to Asset Health has saved the mining industry over $200 million to date by helping maintenance organizations save up to 40% on maintenance costs, increase fleet availability by up to 10% and extend component life by 20% or more.”
Higgins will be speaking at AIMEX about the benefits of collaboration and iteration on 2 September at the Sydney Showgrounds.The DINGO stand will feature live, interactive demos of DINGO’s latest products and visitors to the display will also be able to enter a competition to win an IPod Touch preloaded with the Austmine Field Inspection App.
DINGO’s products and services include:
- Trakka® Condition Management Software: Cloud-based predictive analytical and workflow management software that distills data down to actions that drive results.
- Condition Intelligence™ Expert Service: Condition management conducted by a team of experts dedicated to keeping your assets healthy and operations running smoothly.
- DINGO Managed Solution: DINGO’s maintenance professionals will run your condition management system and processes.
- Austmine Award Winning Field Inspection App™: A mobile, easy-to-use platform to quickly and accurately capture observation data in the field and then automatically send it to a centralised system for real-time analysis.
- Custom Training and Consulting.
Edited from press release by Harleigh Hobbs